Updating of the hall has been continuous for the past 15 years to give us a facility that is fit for the next generation of Gunnas. It is good to see the improved hall being used by so many more people. Our next project is to renovate the horrid old 1980s toilets. I’m pleased to say that we successfully bid for funding from the national lottery to help renovate the toilets and this work should go ahead in October/November 2021.
Improvements to the outside area in 2020
2020 was a tough year for everyone with the COVID-19 outbreak. The hall was closed but we were able to improve some of the areas outside the hall during the lockdown.
The area next to the hall had been full of overgrown weeds and building rubble for years. Thanks to the work of many wonderful volunteers we have been able to transform this area into a pleasant and useful seating area. It will now be called the village hall garden!! See the transformation below…..
- The new east room extension was completed internally;
- the electrics in the original main hall were replaced and new lighting installed;
- the old false ceiling was removed;
- the stage area was updated with a flexible stage; and
- a new movable wall was constructed between the main hall and the east room to allow these spaces to be used separately, or as a single large space.
The old hall
Work in progress – Winter 2019