This page provides information about recent renovations to the village hall….
Renovations in 2019….funded by
The European Agricultural Fund for Rural Development:
Europe investing in rural areas
The National Lottery
……and local donations.
In April 2018 we were successful in obtaining £53 000 from the EU rural development fund. Our success was helped by a generous pledge of £12 000 from Clungunford Sports & Social Club.
In January 2019 we secured additional funds of £10 000 from the National Lottery’s Community Fund.
The money went towards further refitting of the hall interior. This included:
- The new east room extension was completed internally;
- the electrics in the original main hall were replaced and new lighting installed;
- the old false ceiling was removed;
- the stage area was updated with a flexible stage; and
- a new movable wall was constructed between the main hall and the east room to allow these spaces to be used separately, or as a single large space.
The new kitchen was already completed and, with this work, we will have a much improved facility for the parish. With these improvements we want to ensure that the hall is used by more people for more activities in the future.
The old bar in the building has also been completely renovated, mainly thanks to the excellent DIY-builder skills of David Wilkinson. We hope to finish the last area of renovation later this year and modernise the bar/lounge/family-room area into a single comfy space.
The old hall
Work in progress – Winter 2019