CLUNGUNFORD VILLAGE HALL
When considering reopening after lockdown, Clungunford Village Hall trustees have undertaken a comprehensive COVID-19 risk assessment in line with guidance from Action with Communities in Rural England (ACRE).
When Clungunford village hall is allowed to open to hire it will only be for low-risk activities. Details of our additional COVID-19 hire conditions can be found here. If you have any questions about hiring the hall then please contact Madelene Wilkinson in the first instance at .
COVID-19 safeguards at the village hall
In order to minimise the risk of infection the following measures will be in place when the bar is open (please note that this information may change at short notice in response to government advice):
- hand sanitiser will be available
- no more than 30 people will be allowed to sit inside the hall and should observe social distancing.
- indoor interactions should be limited to two different households sitting together at any one time.
- outdoor interactions should be limited to six different individuals from different households sitting together.
- booking in advance is advised, and contact details will be kept for 21 days for track-and trace-purposes
- if more that 30 attend, and weather allows, then we will be able to sell drinks to take out and be consumed outside, eg up on the playing field
- drinks will be served at the tables, there will be no ordering at the bar
- ONLY contactless payments will be accepted
- a one-way system will be in operation
- ventilation will be increased by using the internal air fan
- the toilets by the car park will be used on a one-in-one-out basis
- additional cleaning materials will be available
- full details of our COVID-19 risk assessment can be found here
Clungunford Village Hall Trustees
YOU CAN CHECK THE HALL USERS’ CALENDAR AND FIND OUT WHEN THE HALL IS AVAILABLE HERE
WE NEED MORE BAR VOLUNTEERS!!
If we are to maintain a good range of opening hours, we need to be able to staff the bar, and the more volunteers we have, the lighter the load on everyone. Not everyone has Bert’s level of willingness to be there nearly every night!
Under the new terms of the licence, the bar is now open to the general public – which is great but this comes with an extra burden of responsibility with regards to licensing law. Full training will be provided.
Contact David Wilkinson on email:
About the hall……
Clungunford Village Hall began life as a reading room and social and educational space for the parishioners of the village in the 1930s.
Over the years it has been extended and developed into a hub of the local community. It has been home to the Clungunford Sports & Social Club (CSSC) which hosted dance nights most Saturdays for the past five decades – a fixture for many in South Shropshire. The Club activities are now an integral part of the Village Hall and we look forward to many more Saturday Night Dances. A list of 2019 Saturday Night performers can be found here.
The hall facilities were extended over the years to include a sizable carpark, bowling green and large sports & recreation area – our ‘village green’.
Among the many activities available at the hall are:
- weekly dance nights that have been a fixture in South Shropshire for over 50 years.
- a bar that functions as a village pub;
- modern catering facilities;
- facilities for Clungunford Bowling Club;
- satellite weekly visiting service from the Post-Office – Tuesday at 9.30;
- two local sports leagues;
- a venue for local events, parties, weddings and ceilidhs;
- children’s summer holiday club activities;
- rehearsal space for the local choir;
- a venue for regular Flicks-in-the-Sticks film viewings;
- a venue for arts and cultural performances, eg the past year has seen several touring theatre, dance and live music performances;
- weekly bingo;
- quiz tournaments;
- regular pensioner lunches.
The village hall is available to hire by anyone (with special rates for those living in the parish). Please contact Madelene Wilkinson on 01588 660847 to inquire about using the hall.
The hall is staffed, run and maintained by a team of hardworking volunteers – PLEASE JOIN US!!!
It’s purpose is to provide social facilities and encourage recreational pursuits. There is a bar, a bowling green with bowls club and play area with adjacent easy parking.
For hall administration please contact:
Elizabeth Lyster (Secretary) on 01588-660152 or e mail:
For booking enquiries please contact:
Madelene Wilkinson on 07841-903159 or email: