YOU CAN CHECK THE HALL USERS’ CALENDAR AND FIND OUT WHEN THE HALL IS AVAILABLE HERE
The new refurbished Gunnas Bar is now up and running .
The bar now has a pub licence so anyone is welcome to come along. We are open Tuesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday evenings.
Roughly every other Friday is “bar night” where you can be sure there will be a crowd of locals to join.
WE NEED MORE BAR VOLUNTEERS!!
If we are to maintain a good range of opening hours, we need to be able to staff the bar, and the more volunteers we have, the lighter the load on everyone. Not everyone has Bert’s level of willingness to be there nearly every night!
Under the new terms of the licence, the bar is now open to the general public – which is great but this comes with an extra burden of responsibility with regards to licensing law. Full training will be provided.
Contact David Wilkinson on email:
About the hall……
Clungunford Village Hall began life as a reading room and social and educational space for the parishioners of the village in the 1930s.
Over the years it has been extended and developed into a hub of the local community. It has been home to the Clungunford Sports & Social Club (CSSC) which hosted dance nights most Saturdays for the past five decades – a fixture for many in South Shropshire. The Club activities are now an integral part of the Village Hall and we look forward to many more Saturday Night Dances. A list of 2019 Saturday Night performers can be found here.
The hall facilities were extended over the years to include a sizable carpark, bowling green and large sports & recreation area – our ‘village green’.
Among the many activities available at the hall are:
- weekly dance nights that have been a fixture in South Shropshire for over 50 years.
- a bar that functions as a village pub;
- modern catering facilities;
- facilities for Clungunford Bowling Club;
- satellite weekly visiting service from the Post-Office – Tuesday at 9.30;
- two local sports leagues;
- a venue for local events, parties, weddings and ceilidhs;
- children’s summer holiday club activities;
- rehearsal space for the local choir;
- a venue for regular Flicks-in-the-Sticks film viewings;
- a venue for arts and cultural performances, eg the past year has seen several touring theatre, dance and live music performances;
- weekly bingo;
- quiz tournaments;
- regular pensioner lunches.
The village hall is available to hire by anyone (with special rates for those living in the parish). Please contact Madelene Wilkinson on 01588 660847 to inquire about using the hall.
The hall is staffed, run and maintained by a team of hardworking volunteers – PLEASE JOIN US!!!
It’s purpose is to provide social facilities and encourage recreational pursuits. There is a bar, a bowling green with bowls club and play area with adjacent easy parking.
For hall administration please contact:
Elizabeth Lyster (Secretary) on 01588-660152 or e mail:
For booking enquiries please contact:
Madelene Wilkinson on 07841-903159 or email: